Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Off

Got to say, I have had a good weekend and day off. Mostly been in the sun either fishing, eating outside, going to a bluegrass festival, or reading. Overall its been a good weekend.

Started on another book. A bit out of my expertise, but I have always been interested in early American history. Adams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 has been a good read. A lot of history compacted into this short book (215 pages). Will definitely be doing some follow-up reading on Adams, Jefferson, and Hamilton. But this book is giving me some depth in understanding the differences between the early Republican and Federalist parties.

I have had a crack at The Federalist Papers and when I was trying to read them I had a few problems:

1. I didn't have a good understanding of why they were written
2. I wasn't really interested in reading them in depth - more of wanted to just skim them over so I had an idea of what they were about.

It looks like I might be doing some additional reading on early American history on top of my business reading this summer.

Fun...

No comments: