Thursday, May 29, 2008

Politically Apathetic

What is a good way to describe George Bush's term in office? I guess it might go something like this: You are leaving the grocery store and you get in a wreck and total your car - but the eggs don't break in the backseat.

I have to say that this whole election that is coming up has really made me totally apathetic towards politics. I have always been interested in politics and think that there are some fascinating things to learn - things like management, accountability and leadership - just by learning about how government works. This upcoming election though has me still scratching my head and asking myself, "Seriously? These are the best leaders that we have in this country?"

The saying goes the grass is always greener on the other side, and yes it is so over-used that it can be called a whored phrase. But are any of these candidates any better that Bush? Although hard to say no, I fear that it is possible they aren't.

No comments: