Monday, April 12, 2010

Got to Love the Names

Well, the first day of the week is now done with. So far, the kids seem fairly managable. But I must say, this is the best batch of names to date. Some of my favorites are:

Miffy, Jiy, Kimi, Apple, Iris, Joker, and Wynn.

So today started off with the question I always hope they assume: "Do you understand Chineese", one of the kids asked right off. In this situation, where assumed knowledge can make or break discipline, I only had one answer: "Yep."

And it's true: if you just say the 20 or so Chinese words I know, then yeah.

Later this afternoon, some kid came up to me and was like "Hey Apple." Now, that in-and-of-itself is not funny. What IS funny is that the kid had a really heavy accent and it sounded like he was saying "Hey asshole". What we almost had there was failure to communicate.

But yes, today is in the books - beautiful weather today. But the rest of the week is forecasted to be a washout. So I got to get working on what I will be doing tomorrow since I can assume I won't be doing any outdoor activities.

1 comment:

therikonexpedition said...

I hope you're wrong about the weather, but who knows. I could use a bit cooler weather myself, but it would suck if that means rain. btw bills paid