Thursday, March 11, 2010

ALMOST there....

Well the end of the first week of teaching is ALMOST here. It's Thursday afternoon here. All of "lesson plans" are almost finished - I only have to teach one more set for 3 classes and I'm just taking them down to the river.

Some things I have learned this week:

Playing duck, duck, goose can be dangerous. We played it in a room with wooden floors and I was wearing socks. While running (and gloating how the kid couldn't catch me) I decided to have a "knee and wrist meet floor" experience. My wrist is still a little sore (and that happened on Tuesday).

Another thing I learned is that the saw grass here can be much sharper than the saw grass back home. Case in point: I cut my finger and after about a pint of blood gone it showed no signs of stopping. But truth be told, it added a little to my legacy...I was told that some of the kids thought that I was "macho". Haha, I guess I can fool them for a week or so...

Third, the spellings on some bootleg merchandise is hilarious. Harley Davidson was spelled "Harely Avidison" and I've been told Nike can be seen spelled "Nikf". I've seen others, but those two were pretty funny.

In 23 hours I'll be done for this week and then I'll have an entire week off...until then...

No comments: