Friday, March 12, 2010

Thai Massage

After a long, gueling week with 50-some 5th graders, I decided to do something relaxing and comforting. And somewhat painful.

That's right, I did s Thai Massage...for an hour and a half. First off, I don't think I've ever had any kind of massage before. I kind of knew what to expect because the guy I went with told me what Thai massages were. What I didn't know is that they can be excruciatingly (I know I butchered the spelling...) painful and amazing at the same time.



The person who did the massage definitly knew what she was doing. And by knowing what she was doing, she made it as PAINFUL as possible. Last night, since I had walked up a miles worth of stairs, I had some pretty bad leg cramps. To get the cramps out during the massage, just imagine that there are marbles stuck to gum inside your leg. To get the marbles out you have to push really hard down toward your toes. After about 5 minutes on the calf and foot, your leg feels like its floating but your nerves are shot. If you've had one of these, you probably at least get the jist of what I'm saying. If not, I say you should at least try a Thai Massage and see what you think. I feel a lot better after taking it.

Here's another sign I saw tonight...thought it was kind of interesting...



Even after looking in that place, I still wasn't exactly sure what they were selling...Maybe bad gas?

Anyhow, the weather is nice again and hopefully this weekend I'll have somemore interesting adventures.

No comments: