Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Week, Another Story

Well today was my first "offical" day of working at the school. Minus a technical probelm with Excel and GoogleDocs in the morning, everything else has gone off ok.

And by "ok" I mean I'm still alive. The kids we have this week are definitley more quiet than the last group, but they seem to be a little less intersted too; maybe it's a tradeoff. Gotta love equilibriums.

Also, I apparently left my apartment this morning without grabbing my camera. That's what 3 hours of sleep will do to you. Thank you insomnia and the people who were talking outside in the courtyard til 1 a.m. And the birds. You are very, very loud at times.

Anyhow, there are some good names in this group: My favorite so far is a guy named "One". Like the number. There's also a kid named "Lion", "Tembo" and "Komizu". Since when is Komizu an English name? Come to think of it, I've heard odder names in the states...

The forecast for this week is rain. Rain, and cold weather. The first of this type of stuff since I've gotten here - I guess the good days of 75 degree days with the sun shining couldn't last forever. Now I'm guessing it's a month or two of 50 degree weather with dreary rain. But it does make for some very good pictures of the mountain fog. Too bad I don't have my camera...

Well there probably won't be much to write home about for the next 2 or 3 days, so if that's the case, until then...

No comments: