Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Final Countdown

So it's offical (well the date I'm coming home at least): July 31st at 6:35 pm I will be back in Columbia, South Carolina - the greatest state in the Union (yeah, that's right bitches from other states).

Actually, I have a strange feeling that I will have a good story about missing a flight that day. You see, my flight pattern is this: Taipei to Tokyo to Washington, DC to Columbia, SC. I have plenty of time between all flights except the DC -> Columbia flight: which is also where I have to change from an international flight to domestic flight (hence go through customs), get the ticket for my flight, get to the right terminal and get onto the aircraft. All this in less than 1 hour time. So I think that I will be missing my flight back home. Should be fun after flying for 22 hours.

Well I have decided not to take anymore trips outside of Taiwan between now and when I return home. I really haven't even explored much of Taiwan yet so I figure that it will be best to allocate my final few weeks to seeing Taiwan.

I will be heading up to the north coast of Taiwan for the afternoon today and then this evening will be jumping on the high-speed rail down to southern Taiwan. Then I will be heading to Kenting on Friday through Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to post on here.

Anyhow, only 30 more days until I'm en route to the USofA.

No comments: