Friday, June 11, 2010

Singapore Day 6 (part 2) and Day 7

Well I think that yesterday's post was good and all, but it is lacking a very important story that happened RIGHT after I finished and posted it.

So I had walked to the internet cafe about 2 blocks from where I am staying - nothing special. I got here sat down yada, yada, yada. About 2 minutes after sitting down, this lady sits down at the computer next to me. It's nothing outside of the ordinary.

Not long after sitting down she asks for help on doing something with her computer. About 3 minutes after that, she again asks for help on doing something with the computer. It's clear she doesn't use a computer very often.

I notice she starts to write something about the time I start writing yesterday's blog post and then stop focusing on things around me and focus on writing. After I finish typing and start looking at some other stuff, she turns to me with a note that is about a half page long. It's in (a form) of English shorthand. In short, she decides to inform me that she had seen me walk into here, followed me in here and wanted to offer me a good price. Let me rephrase that: She was a hooker who wrote me a love letter.

I could not help but start laughing. I thought it was really funny. I kindly slid the letter back to her and informed her that I would not be interested in her services.

This chick must have gone to business school. She makes a hand gesture like "hold on a second", starts writing more. It's along the same lines. After that, I stand up and leave. Oh, why didn't I keep that letter!!! Oh well.

Needless to say, I decided to go elsewhere.

Today I headed back to Santosa and laid out on the beach for about 2 hours. It's nice to be able to swim in the ocean again (even if it's more like a lake - they have created artifical barrier islands that keep the waves to a minimum).

The FIFA World Cup starts today and everyone seems to be in the spirit in Singapore. I've seen jerseys for Spain, USA, Germany, England and Brazil to name a few. Oddly enough, I didn't see any Singapore jerseys - but then again, they might not even be in the World Cup.

Tomorrow is my last full day here in Singapore. Hopefully it won't rain. Ha.

I think I am hooker free in the internet cafe tonight.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol, that's hilarious. Just think, if you two were to date, what a great story it would be at dinner! "So, how did you two love birds meet?" "Well, she pretended to be bad at computers and then offered me her services at a discounted price. It was love at first purchase!" Ha.