Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Final Week

The final countdown has begun. This upcoming week will be my final week in the States for a year, but it will not go down without some fanfare (but I'll get to that in a minute).

This weekend has already been pretty nice. We got about 4 inches of snow (maybe a little more) yesterday. I must say that the snowman that was created by Will, Paula, Karen and myself was...well...art. And art has its own special meaning to us all.

For all things Taiwan, things have finally fallen in place. The Arizona Department of Public Safety FINALLY came through and I got my clearance card on Thursday. This allows me now to get my substitute teaching certificate - which is mandatory in having since I will be working for the government. Also, I finally located a power converter (thank you Target for not carrying those anymore...) and also was gifted a pair of GORTEX army boots.

Looking into my travels, it appears I will have to pay $35 dollars for a baggage fee - LAME. Delta charges for ANY bags - which most airlines only charge for additional bags. I will be sure to eat a lot of peanuts and enjoy the planes...facilities...

But this last week is going to be pretty good. Normal weekly activities but come Friday, I'll be in Charlotte for Frank Turner and Flogging Molly. Been waiting for this concert for awhile. The tickets say no cameras...they have got to be KIDDING!

This week my goal is to figure out how to set up this blog to where I can just upload the videos that I can make through my web-cam. It'll save me time typing and I'll probably have more interesting things to say, than type.

Anyhow...until the next post...

No comments: